Join the City of Boca Raton as we celebrate Florida Bicycle Month! Take advantage of the beautiful weather and explore our 84 miles of bike lanes and shared use paths open for all residents and visitors.
Need a few ideas on how to best celebrate Bicycle Month? Here are some suggestion:
- Share your ride - There are so many amazing places to ride your bike in the City, and we'd like to hear about your favorite route. Take a bike selfie of you at your favorite spot and tag us on social media using #LoveBocaRaton.
- Ride someplace new - Ride a local bike trail you haven't before or check out a new route. Visit About Bicycling for more information.
- Challenge yourself - Do you have a child in school? Have a short commute to work? Whether you're working remotely or commuting to the office, it's the perfect opportunity to commute to school with the kids or to your office on a bike. Even if you can't do it every day, commit to a day or two each week to ride to and from your destination instead of sitting in the car. Not only is it good for everyone's health, but it's even better for the environment.
- Learn about bicycle safety - The Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency (TPA) will be hosting a webinar series on safe bicycling throughout the month of March. To register for webinars please visit TPABicycleWebinars.EventBrite.com.
- Go on a social ride (socially-distanced, of course) - Enjoy the outdoors and go on a social bike ride with close family and friends or join the TPA on their group bicycle ride on Friday, March 26 at 8am. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tpa-florida-bicycle-month-ride-tickets-141365486977.
- Take the lead in encouraging new riders - The Florida Bicycle Association (FBA) is offering a virtual certified Ride Leader / Rider Marshall certification classes in May for National Bike Month: https://floridabicycle.org/fba-virtual-ride-leader-ride-marshal-certification/.
The City of Boca Raton joined other local government and partner agencies in recognizing March 2021 of Florida Bicycle Month by presenting a Florida Bicycle Month proclamation.
For more information on Florida Bicycle Month and how to celebrate, visit WalkBikePalmBeach.org. For more information on biking in Boca Raton, visit the Bicycling webpage.