Update: February 22, 2021
The Florida Department of Transportation is set to begin work on the Glades Road/I-95 Interchange and the Clint Moore Road bridge replacement projects beginning in March.
Glades Road Construction to Begin March 1, 2021
As part of the I-95 Express Phase 3B-2 project, construction at the I-95 interchange will begin on March 1, 2021 with westbound Glades Road traffic between NW 22 Way and West University Drive shifting inside towards the median to allow for outside widening.
Single-lane daytime closures are permitted Monday - Friday during the off-peak hours of 9:30am until 4pm and on Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 6am - 9pm. Single-lane nighttime closures are permitted 9pm-6am and two-lane closures are permitted to begin at 10pm.
See the project flyer.
Clint Moore Road Bridge Reconstruction to Begin March 8, 2021
Reconstruction of the Clint Moore Road bridge over I-95 is anticipated to begin on March 8, 2021. The bridge will be closed completely during construction.
Crews will be permitted to work:
- Monday - Friday | 7am - 6pm
- Saturday | 8am - 7pm
- No work is permitted on Sundays or holidays
Emergency access for first responders will be maintained throughout the duration of this closure. Westbound traffic will be detoured via NW 2nd Avenue, Yamato Road and Congress Avenue. Eastbound traffic will be detoured via Park of Commerce Boulevard, Congress Avenue, Yamato Road and NW 2nd Avenue. Local neighborhood access will be maintained. The reconstruction of this bridge is anticipated to be completed in Summer 2022.
See the project flyer.
Original: August 25, 2020
In case you missed it, at the August 24 City Council Workshop, the Florida Dept. of Transportation (FDOT) and project representatives presented plans for a Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) at Glades Road and the Clint Moore Road overpass bridge replacement. These construction projects are part of the more extensive I-95 Express Lanes project currently in progress in Boca Raton and Delray.
About the Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) at Glades Road/I-95 Interchange project:
- Est. start date: early 2021 | Est. completion date: late 2023
- Project goals include reduced congestion, increased safety and improved mobility in the highly used Glades Road/I-95 area.
About the Clint Moore Road Overpass Bridge replacement project:
- Est. start date: late 2020 - early 2021 | Est. completion date: early 2023
- Full closure during a 15-month construction period compared to a 26-month construction period while maintaining traffic on the bridge, to expedite construction and minimize impacts to the traveling public.
- One-lane exclusive access for emergency responders will be provided during construction.
- Project includes 7 ft. bike lanes and expanded multi-use paths.
View the I-95 Express Lanes project page for more information and contact information for the project.