The City of Boca Raton’s Fleet Maintenance Section was recently ranked in the top 20 fleets in the nation as a Leading Government Fleet by the Government Fleet Magazine and the American Public Works Association for 2018. The award recognizes the top Fleets who are performing at a high level in fleet innovation and leadership.
Criteria for the award includes:
- How an operation prioritizes and exhibits leadership within its team, with customers, within its local community and within the overall fleet community.
- How an operation ensures competitiveness and efficiency.
- The future vision of the operation and leadership steps taken to get there.
- How an operation addresses and overcomes its biggest challenges.
The Fleet Maintenance Division has also received recognition for the following:
- Awarded ASE’s Blue Seal of Excellence for over 10 consecutive years
- NAFA Fleet Management Association CAFS designation and at the 2017 NAFA expo, was awarded one of “The 100 Best Fleets in the Americas”
- SE Florida Clean Cities Coalition – participant of alternative fuels and a cleaner environment
Fleet Maintenance is responsible for and maintains 8 fuel sites within the City as well as over 1,000 on and off road vehicles with a fleet value of $43,500,000. The Fleet Division consists of 14 full time employees of which 7 are ASE Certified Technicians. Moving forward Fleet Maintenance will be working on additional projects to improve operations including GPC/Telematics vehicle performance and locator system, autonomous vehicles, advancements in vehicle safety, alternative fuels, all electric and hybrid vehicles and a vehicle sharing program.