WalletHub recently released their 2018's Best Beach Towns to Live In list putting Boca Raton at Number 7 out of 205 cities. To compile this list, WalletHub compared cities across 58 key indicators of livability with set ranges from housing costs to share of for-sale waterfront homes to quality of beach water. Boca Raton is the only city in Palm Beach County to make it into the Top 10.
- The City of Boca Raton has 5 miles of pristine beaches on the Atlantic Ocean
- 1.95 miles are public, lifeguard protected City Beaches
- The following beaches are beautiful destination spots for visitors and residents:
- The City of Boca Raton also has a designated Dog Beach located at Spanish River Park
- For those wanting to watch the waves "live" or check out beach conditions before heading out, a high resolution, time-lapse system webcam is located at South Beach Park Pavilion. You can also check out the beach conditions daily.
- For physically challenged beachgoers, beach wheelchairs are available. Please speak to gate attendant upon arrival.