Be a part of something bigger in Boca Raton, learn how to protect one of our community’s greatest natural resources…trees!
View our Sustainable Tree Brochure with Resource Links
- PLANTING for your safety
- Stay away from power lines.
- Trees (and palms) that are too close to power lines...
- can transmit electricity through their trunks and down to their roots into your yard.
- can catch on fire. The Fire Department can’t put out the fire until FPL shuts off the power.
- can cause you to lose power.
- FPL will come into your yard and cut your trees away from their lines.
- PROTECTING your home
- PRUNING to establish a wind-resistant landscape
- PLANNING by selecting wind-resistant trees & palms
- Decide what type of tree to plant – shade, ornamental or fruit
- Will the tree you select thrive or die in our climate? Check the USDA zone or ask an expert.
- Select quality trees from the nursery.
- Make sure to give roots and canopies room to expand so your tree will grow.
- Large growing trees & palms need lots of space.
- Trees next to curbs and driveways don’t have enough room to grow and will fall in high winds. (minimum soil space 30
Visit our Sustainable Tree Maintenance page