The City’s Engineering Division has scheduled two separate pavement resurfacing projects listed below. Please note the schedules are tentative:
- April 16 - 27: SW 12th Avenue: (Primary Access for Emergency Services) from Camino Real to SW 18th Street. Traffic on segments of SW 12th Avenue may be diverted and detoured during the milling and resurfacing operations.
- Hours of Construction: Monday - Friday from 9am – 4pm
- Route: Project will begin at south end of 12th Avenue (18th Street) and stop at Camino Real
- Driveways: Residents will be allowed in and out of their driveways during construction. Residents must inform flaggers of their residency to be allowed in and out.
- April 23 - May 4: Villa Rica Subdivision: from the limits of Federal Hwy. to Dixie Hwy. from NE 32nd Street to Spanish River Blvd.
The City’s roadway network is a critical asset that is managed to maximize the appearance and integrity of the roads. To achieve these goals, the Municipal Services Department has developed a pavement management system program that includes periodic inspections, a uniform methodology to assess pavement conditions and a predictive model to optimize the timing of roadway resurfacing, rejuvenation and reconstruction.
Most recently, residents have seen resurfacing projects on St. Andrews Blvd. between Glades Road and St. Andrews Blvd., in the Por La Mar and Estates Sections east of the intracoastal waterway and along SW 18th Street.
For additional projects and road closure information www.myboca.us/1398/Road-Closures