Update for Wednesday, September 13th – Hurricane Irma Recovery
- The City and County have extended the mandatory curfew which is now 12am midnight to 6am beginning tonight (Sept 14, 12am)
- City Hall and the Building Administration building will re-open on Thursday, September 14, 2017
- The City Council Workshop, CRA, Tentative Budget Meeting and City Council meetings from September 11 &12 have been rescheduled for September 25 & 26. Other meeting schedules will be posted once determined.
- Debris removal will begin Friday. Please separate vegetative debris from bulk items, like wood fencing or building materials.
- As we begin to get power back around the City we have new openings to announce! Open tomorrow, September 14. Call facilities for specifics. • Libraries • City Hall • Building Administration • Community Center (Downtown) • Sugar Sand Park- Field house, Playground & Comm. Ctr. • Racquet Center- Tennis only • Patch Reef Community Center- Tennis & playground • South Beach Pavilion (not South Beach)
Life Safety Issues:
The Fire Department wants to remind residents using generators- DO NOT use inside your home, garage or near a window. Your generator fumes could poison your neighbors if their windows are open, and we have already had some incidents. Also, be sure to keep gasoline away from sparks, flames and heat. Let your generator cool before you refill it.
Many traffic lights are out with the busiest intersections operating on generator power and others with temporary stop signs. Our police services department has staff directing traffic as well. Please heed the 4 way stop rule and be patient.
Many city facilities remain without power, therefore parks and community centers will be closed until further notice. Our libraries, however, are open. Our crews continue to work very hard to clean debris from parks and parking lots and we will post notifications as they open.
Debris pick up will resume Friday. We know you’ve got some giant debris piles out there, and we’ll get to you as soon as we can. Regular garbage pickup and recycling has resumed. If your normal garbage & recycling pick up day is Thursday, it will be picked up Thursday.
Please be sure to separate your vegetative waste from building materials, like wooden fences.
City water is safe to drink. Localized issues should be reported to the utilities department 338-7339
Palm Beach County Schools are closed through the rest of the week, scheduled to open Monday.
FPL is reporting that it hopes to have power restored to Palm Beach County customers by the end of the weekend, with some exceptions. Call 1-800-468-8243 to check on service and report outages.
The Citizens Information Center phone number is 561-982-4900
City and police Twitter and Facebook accounts are providing updated information
City events and meetings that have been cancelled and will be rescheduled.