Bark Beach at Spanish River Park
COVID-19 Update as of June 15, 2020
Beginning Friday, June 5, 2020 Bark Beach at Spanish River Park will reopen to permit-holders, and permits will be available for purchase with new safety protocols.
For Bark Beach permit information, please view the eligibility requirements below.
Permits can be purchased and picked up at:
Boca Raton Community Center
150 Crawford Blvd, Boca Raton, FL 33432
- Curbside processing and pick-up will take place from the west entrance of the Boca Raton Community Center. The Community Center building remains closed to the public.
- For the health and safety of City staff and customers, all individuals must wear a face covering while speaking with City staff.
- Credit cards will be accepted only. Cash payments will not be accepted.
- Customers will place all required documents on a clipboard.
- Staff will process the permit, place the documents, the permit and the receipt on the clipboard and give to the customer.
- The clipboard/pen will be wiped down with a disinfectant between customers.
3001 N. State Road A1A, Boca Raton, FL 33487
between Towers 18 & 20
Oct. 1, 2019 - Sept. 30, 2020
Hours of Operation
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 7am - 9am
3pm - Sunset (EST)
5pm - Sunset (DST)
Resident - $31 per dog (City of Boca Raton & Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District)
Non-Resident - $167 per dog
Weekend Passes - $11 per dog
General Park Information
- Dogs are allowed to run off leash once in the designated dog beach area.
- Dog owners must be in possession of a device to properly dispose of fecal matter.
- Dogs shall not dig in sand.
- Dogs are permitted between towers 18 and 20 on days and times designated (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only 7am - 9am and 3pm - Sunset (EST); 5pm - Sunset (DST)).
- Permit holder must carry permit on their person at all times. One permit per dog. Limit 2 dogs per person.
Dog owners are responsible for, and liable with respect to, the actions of their dogs and any damage or injury to person or property cause by the same. Dog and/or their owners who violate these rules are subject to removal from the park and possible suspension of the right to utilize the park. The City of Boca Raton reserves the right to refuse entry to dogs and/or their owner into Mizner Bark or Bark Beach for the reasons of health, safety, and prior offenses or for the comfort of all patrons and/or their pets.
All incidents and injuries must be reported to the Recreation Services Department by calling 561-393-7810 weekdays; 8am - 5pm. On weekends and holidays, please call Park Ranger Headquarters 561-393-7815.
Fees Are Not Prorated
Permits are issued according to the City’s Code of Ordinances. To purchase a permit, applicants are required to provide documentation of residency.
Residency proof (home address) can be one of the following original documents:
- Current City / County Tax Bill
- Water Bill
- Florida Power & Light Bill
- Rental / Lease Agreement
- Current Driver’s License
- Notarized letter from Condo Association
University students and faculty residing on campus may establish proof of residency by submitting a signed letter by the Director of Housing certifying that they reside on campus.
|150 Crawford Blvd.
Boca Raton, FL 33432
|9am - 4pm
||9am - 4pm
|James A. Rutherford
@ Patch Reef Park
|2000 W Yamato Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
|Sugar Sand Park
|300 S Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33433