Planning & Zoning
ADA COMPLIANCE: In an effort to ensure that the City’s website is accessible to everyone, including those who use assistive devices, all documents and forms are being reviewed and updated to meet accessibility standards. More information is available on the Website Renovation page. If you are unable to locate the documents you need, please either fill out a Public Records Request form or call the Development Service’s Office at 561-393-7789.
Goals & Responsibilities
The goal of the Planning and Zoning Division is to provide for the coordinated development of the City of Boca Raton. Specific activities of the division include but are not limited to the following:
- Review development plans and prepare recommendations for presentation to the Planning and Zoning Board, Community Redevelopment Agency, Environmental Advisory Board, City Council, Historic Preservation, Zoning Board of Adjustment, and Community Appearance Board.
- Plan for growth, change and enhancement of the City through special plans and studies.
- Recommend and prepare amendments to the City Code pertaining to planning and zoning.
- Review amendments to the adopted Comprehensive Plan and prepare recommendations.
- Implementation of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Review permits and Business Tax Receipts for compliance with the City’s zoning regulations.
- Review permits for compliance with the City’s environmental regulations.
- Prepare maps and graphics for presentation to other Departments, advisory boards and the City Council.
- Manage the city’s land records and associated databases.
- Assist in the acquisition and disposal of real property, easements, rights-of-way and rights-of-entry.
- Provide information on land records and related matters to the public