1. Participation is open to all residents of the City of Boca Raton.
2. Entry is FREE, no cost or fees apply.
3. Decorating Contest is for exterior decorations only. Judging will occur via photos submitted with application. Please provide 3 photos and 1 video.
4. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street via photo / video submission.
5. This contest is a fun, family-friendly event. Please keep the focus of your displays on holiday spirit and whimsy.
6. Participants agree to have photos of their decorated homes posted on the city website and social media channels.
7. Judging criteria will include:
a. Creativity (originality, unique design and/or use of storyline or theme); 30%
b. Lights and Decorations (display and placement); 25%
c. Special Effects (sound effects, animation, etc.); 15%
d. Overall Appearance (effort & attractiveness); 30%
8. Judging will occur utilizing photos/video submitted. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated in provided assets to ensure best judgement of entry. Entrants will be notified of the intended day judges will arrive. Weather may force changes to this schedule.
9. Trophies will be awarded, one for each category:
a. Best Entryway
b. Best Traditional
c. Best Use of Imagination
d. Best Overall
e. Best Overall
10. Winners will be notified via email on December 17, 2023. Contest winners will also be announced through the City of Boca Raton social media channels. Selected entries may pick up their trophy and yard sign at the Boca Raton Community Center during building hours beginning December 18, 2023.