iSIP - SW 12th Avenue Upgrades
April 9, 2021 Update
Construction work for the City’s Innovative Sustainable Infrastructure Program (iSIP) will be continuing along northbound SW 12th Ave between Camino Real and W Palmetto Park Road. This work will require partial closure of the northbound lane on SW 12th Ave. Traffic flow in both north and south directions will be maintained with an automatic flagging system. Please use caution when traveling on this street.
On Monday, April 12, the sidewalk upgrade work will begin on the east side of SW 12th Ave. Please continue to use caution when traveling through the neighborhood.
Construction work will also continue in the Camino Real and SW 12th Ave intersection. Please drive with caution in the intersection.
We appreciate your continued patience as this project progresses!
Update 4/2/21: SW 12th Ave for Boca Square Neighborhood:
Hello neighbors! On Monday, April 5, construction work for the City’s Innovative Sustainable Infrastructure Program (iSIP) will be continuing onto SW 12th Ave between Camino Real and W Palmetto Park Road. This work will require partial closure of the northbound lane on SW 12th Ave. Traffic flow in both north and south directions will be maintained with an automatic flagging system. Please use caution when traveling on this street.
Construction work will also continue on the Camino Real and SW 12th Ave intersection. The turn lane from southbound SW 12th Ave on to eastbound Camino Real will be closed as well as the two (2) westbound lanes on Camino Real. Please continue to use caution when driving through the intersection.
Construction Now in Progress
As part of the City of Boca Raton’s Innovative Sustainable Infrastructure Program (iSIP) in the Boca Square neighborhood, there will be infrastructure upgrades installed along SW 12th Avenue from Camino Real to Palmetto Park Road.
The goal of this project is to have the major upgrades completed by the time Addison Mizner K-8 school opens for students in August 2021.
- Wider sidewalks
- Additional shade trees
- Restoring swales
- Enhanced lighting
- Improved traffic flow at Royal Palm Rd.*
- Upgraded water and sewer utility mains
*A new traffic enhancement will be installed at SW 12th Avenue and Royal Palm Road to assist with travel from Royal Palm Road to Palmetto Park Road.
- Lane and sidewalk closures should be expected.
- Single-lane closures may involve short neighborhood detours.
- Double-lane closures (only on Camino Real) will include lane shifts.
- Road closures are not planned, but may be necessary for specific construction activity.
- Work will be performed Monday – Friday from 8am-5pm.
- Initial work is anticipated to begin early March 2021 at the intersection of Camino Real and SW 12th Avenue, with rolling progression along SW 12th Avenue to Palmetto Park Road.
* * * Please use caution when traveling through the project area. * * *
- Construction contractor: Lanzo Construction Co., Inc. - For questions & concerns related to construction, please call 954-719-5949.
- General information – please email iSIP@myboca.us
- Anticipated project completion: August 2021
Stay Connected for Updates - Nextdoor and Nixle
For iSIP neighborhood project updates, connect with the City through social media and text alerts.
Download the Nextdoor app on your mobile device. Nextdoor is a neighborhood app which allows us to post updates on City information across the City or directly to specific neighborhoods or service areas.
If you’re already on the app, you find the City’s posts in the "General" category or under "Local Agencies" in the menu.