Rental and Foreclosure Programs
Updated: November 18, 2020
The City of Boca Raton has received an additional $230,285 in Phase 2 Coronavirus Relief Funds (CRF) from Florida Housing Finance Corporation (FHFC). When combined with the $317, 322 in Phase 1 funds previously received from FHFC, the City has received a total of $547,617 in CRF funds to assist eligible City of Boca Raton homeowners and renters who have experienced a financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The maximum assistance under the guidelines revised as of November 18, 2020 for the Rental Assistance and Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention Assistance programs has been increased to $15,000 per household.
All other program conditions and applicant requirements remain the same:
- all CRF funds must be fully expended by December 30, 2020;
- applications are only accepted via the online application on our website through December 4, 2020, pending the availability of funding;
- and applicants will be served on a first come, first qualified, first served basis.
Remember, applicants can receive assistance for affected months not covered by other agencies’ assistance programs.
For information regarding program requirements or guidelines, please call 561-544-8667 (or 561-393-7043 for the hearing impaired) from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
View our City limits map (PDF) to check if...
- Do you live within the limits of the City of Boca Raton?
- Do you live in unincorporated Palm Beach County with a Boca Raton address?
Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Program Rental Assistance and Foreclosure Prevention Programs
To be eligible for assistance, applicants must reside within Boca Raton city limits and have a household income that does not exceed 120% of area median income (AMI) based on household size. Assistance may be provided for households that have experienced a financial hardship such as unemployment as a result of business closure, being laid off, furloughed or having current employment hours reduced due to COVID-19.
- The tenant must have a signed written lease effective at the time of application;
- All pages of current signed written lease;
- The tenant may receive assistance for rent payments that are currently due or past due, including late fees;
- Households cannot have liquid assets that exceed $25,000.
Foreclosure Prevention for Homeowners
- The homeowner's mortgage(s) must have been issued by a public financial institution. Private mortgages, seller-held and home equity lines of credit (HELOCs) are not eligible;
- The homeowner must have been current with their mortgage(s) prior to March 1, 2020;
- The homeowner may receive assistance for mortgage payments and association fees (if applicable) that are currently due or past due, including late fees;
- Eligibility for homeowners with a forbearance/modification agreement in place at the time of the application will be determined on a case-by-case basis, after review of the agreement with their lender;
- Households cannot have liquid assets that exceed $25,000;
- The assessed value of the property cannot exceed $350,000, based on the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser's most recent valuation; and
- Homeowners may request assistance with delinquent association dues in addition to mortgage payment assistance, if applicable. Assistance will not be provided for association dues only.
The City is now accepting online applications for both programs for October 1, 2020 through December 4, 2020, pending funding availability. Eligible applicants will be served on a first-come, first-qualified, first-served basis, and may be placed on a wait list pending availability of funding. Current income limits are provided in the chart below.
Florida Housing Finance Corporation Household Income Limits (as of 4/1/2020)
|# of Household Members||Maximum Income|
For information regarding program requirements or guidelines, please call 561-544-8667 (or 561-393-7043 for the hearing impaired) Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm. Please leave a message that includes your name and a daytime phone number so that a CRF team member can call you back.
Online applications for both programs are now being accepted as of 8:00 am on October 1, 2020. All required documentation will need to be uploaded in PDF, JPG or PNG format at the end of the online application. Please note that the system will automatically time out after a 20-minute period of inactivity. You are encouraged to use the “Save as Draft” option that appears on each page of the application. This option will allow you to save a draft copy of the application by entering an email address and password. Please make note of your password, as you will be required to log back in to continue your application.
Prior to beginning the online application, collect and scan the following documents:
Required for All Applicants:
- City Authorization to Release Information (Click here to download)
- City CRF Self-Certification Form (Click here to download)
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Valid driver’s license or State issued photo ID for all household members 18 years or older
- Birth certificates for all household members under the age of 18
- Copy of your most recent paystub for all household members and employers
- Copy of documentation for child support received by any household members, if applicable
- Copy of Social Security or Disability award letter for any household member, if applicable
- For self-employed applicants, a 12-month profit and loss projection
- All pages of the two most recent bank or other assets statement(s) for all household member accounts.
For Rental Assistance Applicants:
- City Rental Information Form (Click here to download)
- All pages of current written lease
For Foreclosure Prevention Applicants:
- City Association Information Form (Click here to download) (if applicable)
- Most recent mortgage statement showing delinquent amount
- Forbearance or Modification Agreement (if applicable)
For information regarding program requirements or guidelines, please call 561-544-8667 (or 561-393-7043 for the hearing impaired) Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm. Please leave a message that includes your name and a daytime phone number so that a CRF team member can call you back. Applications will not be accepted through email.