Where We Are Today
City of Boca Raton: Full Phase 2, Step 1
Currently, the City of Boca Raton will enter Phase 2, Step 1 (PBC EO #24 | State EO #20-214) of the Governor’s Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step Plan on Tuesday, September 8, 2020. Learn more about where we are today in reopening efforts in accordance with State and Palm Beach County Executive and Emergency Orders.
- Due to a recent rise in COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County and surrounding areas, facial coverings are now mandated while in public with few exceptions. The County’s Emergency Order went into effect on Thursday, June 25 and requires facial coverings to be worn in indoor public spaces as well as outdoor public spaces when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- All city beaches and beach parks are open (some amenities may be restricted).
- City parks are open for passive use and activities such as basketball, tennis, pickleball and other athletics. Playgrounds and sports fields are currently open for use. Other amenities may be restricted.
- Golf courses, swim centers and tennis center are open with some modifications.
- Libraries remain closed, although drive through check out services are available.
Visit Recreation Updates for the latest updates on the hours of operation and permitted activities for various parks and recreational facilities .
Restaurants & Food Establishments
- May increase indoor capacity to 50% with proper social distancing. Full capacity outdoor seating is permissible with appropriate physical distancing. Bar top meal service permissible with appropriate physical distancing.
- In an effort to assist restaurants with safe options for reopening during the Phase 1 recovery process, the City is temporarily allowing expanded outdoor seating for businesses that request it.
- Bars remain closed.
- Alcohol and food services and sales have restricted hours. No sales or services between 12am – 5am.
- May operate up to 50% capacity indoors.
Barber Shops, Salons & Other Personal Care Services
- Barber shops, hair salons and nail salons may operate while adhering to safety protocols.
- Tanning establishments, tattooing establishments and body piercing establishments are now allowed to operate with appropriate safety guidelines as outlined by the Florida Department of Health.
Organized Youth Activities
- Organized youth activities may operate, including youth sports teams and leagues, youth clubs and programs and childcare.
- City summer camps and youth recreation are canceled.