COVID-19 City Updates
Updated: May 17, 2021 at 5pm
Update On Mask Mandate in Palm Beach County
On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, Palm Beach County announced that the face mask mandate is no longer in effect following the Governor's orders.
- Palm Beach County will still require employees and patrons to continue to wear masks inside county buildings.
- Individual businesses can continue to implement restrictions in their place of business.
- Individuals are encouraged to continue to practice safety and follow CDC guidelines.
- In a continued effort to protect employees and the public, facial coverings or masks are encouraged while conducting business in City of Boca Raton facilities.
On May 17, 2021, the County revised their policy regarding facial coverings and social distancing. The Revised Policy issued on May 17, states that until further notice, based on the most recent recommendations of the CDC citing individuals who are fully vaccinated may go without a mask inside buildings and in consultation with the Director of the Florida Department of Health for Palm Beach County, effective Tuesday, May 18, 2021, all fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a mask inside County buildings.
Fully vaccinated equates to:
- a person receiving both shots of Moderna or Pfizer and beyond the 14 day incubation period after the second shot
- the J&J one shot vaccine beyond the 14 day incubation period
However, the CDC further recommends that individuals who are not fully vaccinated continue to wear masks indoors and in large crowds. Masks will continue to be worn on all public transit (buses, planes and trains) transportation hubs in accordance with federal policy and all other exemptions per the CDC.
County Property includes all County-owned and County-leased buildings where Palm Beach County’s offices, divisions, and departments conduct business. Constitutional Offices that operate in County Buildings should be contacted regarding their individual mask policy.
Law Enforcement is authorized to issue a trespass warning and remove any individuals not in compliance with this policy.
- City of Boca Raton Recreation Updates
- Emergency Rental, Relocation and Utility Assistance
- Due to the high volume of applications, the Palm Beach County Community Services Department's online portal for Emergency Rental Assistance, Relocation Assistance and Utility Assistance is currently closed. The portal will reopen on May 3, 2021 at 8am. For more information, visit https://www.rentalassistancepbc.org/.
- Palm Beach County Vaccine Information