Health and Wellness (COVID-19)
Mental Health Resources
Worries and anxiety about COVID-19 and its impact can be overwhelming. Social distancing can make it even more challenging. With May being Mental Health Awareness Month, be sure to take the time to learn self-care strategies and get the care you or your family may need to help you cope.
Mental Health Resources
- 211 Helpline Palm Beach County
- Mental Health America of Palm Beach County Resources
- Palm Beach County Youth Services Department’s Residential Treatment and Family Counseling (Free telemental health services)
- Baptist Health South Florida Behavioral Health Resources
- National Alliance on Mental Health - Palm Beach County
- Mental Health America - Screening Tool
FREE Virtual Classes
In an effort to continue engaging the community in the area of health and wellness, Baptist Health South Florida is offering FREE virtual exercise, meditation, and educational seminars. Visit their website to view all their virtual classes or view this week’s classes (PDF).
To join one of the classes, simply click the “link to join” from any electronic device. Download and install the Zoom app to facilitate entry.
Baptist Health is working in partnership with Mind Body Social for exercise and meditation classes. Visit their Instagram page to stay updated and connected: @mind_body_social.
Your health and wellness is important now more than ever.
With the current CDC guidelines in place limiting social gatherings to 10 people or less and encouraging social distancing, some gyms in the area are getting creative to still help you get your sweat on.
Here are some local gyms that are offering virtual sweat sessions to do at home:
- Gravity and Oxygen - Offering 15 - 20-minute workouts on Facebook Live.
- Yoga Journey - Bring Sanborn Square right to your living room and take one of Leslie Glickman’s yoga classes.
- Fit Body Boot Camp - 28 Day Stronger at Home Challenge
- Pure Barre - Offering workouts on Facebook Live.
- [solidcore] - Offering quick workouts on Instagram.
- YMCA of South Palm Beach County - 60 free online fitness classes and youth programs.
- Focus Functional Fitness - Offering members and non-members free Zoom workouts and daily posted workout boards on Facebook and Instagram feeds.
Be sure to check your email as some gyms are emailing workouts and videos to their members.
Is your gym offering virtual workouts for the public? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.