Due to recent health advisories the below events have been canceled or postponed. For questions, comments or concerns, please refer to the event links provided.
Earth Month 2020 - Earth Day’s 50th Anniversary
Join the City of Boca Raton to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the first earth day through volunteer and learning opportunities.
April 2020 Calendar of Events
April 4 – SPRINGFEST | 10am-2pm | Countess de’Hoernle Park (myboca.us)
April 5 – Gumbo Limbo 10k | 7:15am | Spanish River Park (gumbolimbo.org)
April 18 – Great American Cleanup | 8am-11am | Spanish River Park (keeppbcbeautiful.org)
April 18 – Gumbo Limbo Movie Night | Troubled Waters - A Turtle’s Tale
April 22 – Earth Day Book Club | The Hungry Tide by Amitav Ghosh, led by Dr. Stacy Balkan, PhD | 2-3:30pm | Downtown Library (bocalibrary.org)
April 22 – Zero Waste 101 Workshop | 4:30-5:45pm | Downtown Library (bocalibrary.org)
April 28 – Gumbo Limbo Ecowatch Lecture | Our Plastic Pollution Problem with Paul Davis | 7-8:30pm | Spanish River Library (gumbolimbo.org)
*Most of the above events are free but some have limited space or a fee. Click the links for more information.*
Every Day is Earth Day! - Ongoing Programs
Visit the Children’s Science Explorium at Sugar Sand Park! (sugarsandpark.org)
- Guide your family through an investigation of the plants, insects, and birds of the park with a Grab ‘n’ Go Eco Pack. (Free!)
- Get to know the insects in the park by picking up a “Bugio” challenge sheet. (Free!)
- Embark on a Journey through a watershed to see how everyone’s actions affect our ocean with the travelling exhibit Ocean Bound on display through May17th. (Free!)
- Join the Explorium Science Squad to learn about the Biosphere, the diversity of living things and their interaction with us, on April 7th (ages 5-6) and April 8 (ages 7-9) from 4:00-5:00pm. (R $10/ NR $12)
Head to Gumbo Limbo: (gumbolimbo.org)
- Sign up for one of Gumbo Limbo’s exciting paddle programs! Registration required. (R $20/ NR $25)
- Visit the Nature Center for daily talks and aquarium feedings.
- Join one of Gumbo Limbo’s FREE programs
- Wetlands and Wildlife: April 10th and April 24th
- EcoWatch Lecture Series: April 14th and April 28th
Go for a hike at one of the City’s natural areas.
- Natural Areas and hiking trails in Boca Raton:
- Make observations of plants and wildlife and log those observations or ask for identification though iNaturalist.(iNaturalist.org)