- City Manager's Office
- City Clerk
- Candidate Qualifying
The City of Boca Raton will hold its next Municipal Election on Tuesday, March 19, 2024. The purpose of the Municipal Election is to elect individuals to fill the positions of the Seats C and D, and any other seat(s) that may become vacant.
The official qualifying period for the March 19, 2024 election begins at 8:00 AM on Wednesday, November 1, 2023, and ends promptly at 5:00 PM on Thursday, November 9, 2023. The Boca Raton City Clerk is the official qualifying officer for City elections. The City Clerk’s Office is located on the 3rd floor of City Hall, 201 W. Palmetto Park Road and is open between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
To qualify as a candidate, the following State and City forms must be completed and submitted. All forms are available online and in the City Clerk’s Office. Please note that there are proof of residency requirements adopted by Ordinance No. 5541 on September 9, 2020, and a petition requirement adopted by Ordinance No. 5570 on April 13, 2021.
- DS-DE 9 - Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository
- DS-DE 84 - Statement of Candidate
- DS-DE 302NP - Candidate Oath
- Form 1 2022 - Statement of Financial Interests
Pursuant to F.S. Section 99.093, each person seeking to qualify for nomination or election to a municipal office shall pay, at the time of qualifying for office, an election assessment. The election assessment shall be an amount equal to one percent (1%) of the annual salary of the office sought. The fee is to be made payable by check to the City of Boca Raton and must be drawn on the campaign account of the candidate.
- Assessment Fee for candidates for the office of Mayor - $434.00
- Assessment Fee for candidates for the office of a City Council seat - $334.00
Important Information for Candidates
- Florida Division of Elections - dos.myflorida.com/elections
- Florida Commission on Ethics - www.ethics.state.fl.us
- Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections - www.votepalmbeach.gov
- Palm Beach County Commission on Ethics - www.palmbeachcountyethics.com
- City of Boca Raton Charter and Code of Ordinances – www.municode.com
The following are available on the Florida Division of Elections website.
- The Florida Election Code/Chapters 97-106 Florida Statutes (September 2021)
- Candidate and Campaign Treasurer Handbook (Rev. 04/27/2022)
The following is available on the Florida Commission on Ethics website.
The following are available on the Municode website:
The following is available on the Palm Beach County Commission on Ethics website:
- Palm Beach County Code of Ethics
Print the Qualifying Information here.