Community Service Officer
COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER CITY JOB DESCRIPTION
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Performs difficult professional service and technical work investigating accidents, enforcement of city ordinances, prevent crimes, provides aid and assistance. Work is performed under regular supervision. Performs related task as required. Forty hours per week; 10-hour shifts – hours and weekends may vary.
- Enforces traffic laws, investigate accidents, hit and run follow-up reports, and directs traffic.
- Responds to calls for service for emergencies and non-emergencies.
- Issues citations for criminal and non-criminal and traffic violations.
- Patrol businesses and issue crime prevention pamphlets. Enforce fairly and impartially state or city ordinances for illegally parked, junk and abandoned vehicles.
- Patrols assigned areas, community involved traffic complaints, looking for violations; gives verbal warnings where appropriate; write reports and issues citations when necessary.
- Prepares cases and testifies in, depositions, civil, traffic, and criminal court.
- Seize driver’s licenses and vehicle license plates when necessary.
- Assist law enforcement and fire personnel.
- Meets with citizens, city personnel, businesses, homeowners and attorneys to exchange Information, Initiate negotiation and resolve conflicts.
- Write criminal reports, not in progress calls, for criminal mischief, vandalism, stolen property, suspicious incidents, identity theft etc.
- Take into custody and make reports on found property. Performs first aid and CPR.
- Deliver City Agendas.
- Respond to I-95 and local roadways for removal of hazardous debris.
- Assist other agencies for traffic control.
- Unarmed security.
- Acts as a school crossing guard when necessary.
- Setup and deploy barricades.