Become a Sustainability [Sea] Star! Meet all the basic requirements and get a blue sea star. Meet more and get a GOLD star!
Blue Sea Star
- Provide straws by request only.
- Use reusable tableware for onsite dining.
- No polystyrene foam
- No plastic bags
- Regularly offer sustainable food choices.
Gold Sea Star
Achieve at least two of the following to get the gold:
- Take away containers are not plastic (aluminum, fiber, bagasse, etc)
- No plastic cutlery is provided or provided by request only
- Provide environmental education for staff and/or customers.
- Recycles or diverts at least one waste stream
- Water fixtures are high efficiency (e.g. Watersense)
- Implemented energy efficiency practices
- Install energy efficient fixtures and appliances (e.g. EnergyStar)
- Reduce light pollution from outdoor lighting.
- All seafood is a Monterey Bay Seafood watch "best choice" or "good alternative."
- Put strategies in place to reduce food waste.
How to Apply
Applying is easy! Simply fill out the online application form.
Send an email to [email protected] or call 561-393-7997 with any questions.
Our Sustainability team may reach out to you with additional questions. Once approved, you will receive a digital toolkit in your email, a window cling in the mail, and be listed on our website as a Coastal Connection business!
Restaurants that have an alternative green business certification are automatically eligible for the Coastal Connection Program provided they also meet the one star requirements of this program.