Current and Upcoming Road Projects
A1A Boca Inlet Bridge (FDOT)
- Paint the steel and concrete portions of the SR A1A/Haven Ashe Bridge (Bridge No. 930060)
- A full bridge closure will occur during bridge painting operations for a maximum of 60 days. Traffic will be detoured to Federal Highway via East Palmetto Park Road and Hillsboro Boulevard.
- Bridge closures will not occur during some special events.
- Marine traffic will be maintained through the navigable waterway. Channel restrictions may occur.
|Expected Start Date||August 1, 2020|
|Expected Completion Date||Late Fall 2020|
|Estimated Construction Cost||$802,818|
|More Information||Kevin Micocci, P.E., FDOT Construction Project Manager
Phone: 561-370-1146, firstname.lastname@example.org
Angel Streeter Gardner, Community Outreach Specialist
Phone: 561-886-8773, email@example.com
I-95 Express Lanes
The purpose of the 95 Express Lanes is to improve mobility, relieve congestion, provide additional travel options, enhance transit services, accommodate future growth and development in the region, enhance emergency evacuation, and improve system connectivity between key limited access facilities in South Florida. Parts of this project affecting the Boca Raton area are:
- 3B-1 SW 10th St to south of Glades Rd
- 3B-2 Glades Rd to Linton Blvd
- SR-808/Glades Road Interchange to a Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI)
- Clint Moore Road bridge at I-95
Palmetto Park Road El Rio Canal Bridge
The Palmetto Park Road El Rio Canal Bridge Project, overseen by Palm Beach County Roads and Bridges, will result in a widening of the existing Palmetto Park Road El Rio Canal Bridge. Two lanes of the bridge will remain open during the construction period, which is estimated to last approximately 15 months.
|Expected Start Date:
||As of 11/19, this project has been delayed. Start date TBD.
|Expected Completion Date:
||Project schedule estimated to take 15 months
||Palm Beach County Roads and Bridges, 561-233-3950
Palmetto Park Road Intracoastal Waterway Bridge
The Palmetto Park Road Intracoastal Waterway Bridge Project, overseen by Palm Beach County Roads and Bridges, will result in routine maintenance for the existing Palmetto Park Road Intracoastal Waterway Bridge. The maintenance will require closures at the Palmetto Park Road Bridge to vehicles and pedestrians. The construction schedule has not yet been established.
Clint Moore Road Sidewalk Improvements
Work includes construction of an 8-foot-wide paved asphalt sidewalk and additional safety enhancements -- including pedestrian detectors, signals and an aluminum picket fence on the south side of Clint Moore Road, from the El Rio Trail to NW 2nd Avenue. Project limits do not include the bridge over I-95 which will be replaced under the 95 Express Phase 3B-2 contract.
|Expected Start Date
|Expected Completion Date
||Clint Moore Rd, from El Rio Trail to Park of Commerce Blvd, and from just east over the bridge
over I-95 to NW 2nd Ave, will have the eastbound outside lane closed around the clock,
through June 30, 2020.
||Please contact I-95 Community Outreach Specialist Andrea Pacini at 561-214-3358 or
Verde Trail Improvements
City of Boca Raton contractors will be working on widening and striping Verde Trail between Powerline Road and Verde Elementary to provide a left turn lane into the school. Construction will begin on 3/02/2020 through 7/31/2020.
- Daytime Operation 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Traffic lanes will be open at all times
- Pedestrian detours will be coordinated with by the MOT employees on site.
- Control Devices may need to be adjusted to fit field conditions.
- The schedule of work can be affected by weather.