Current and Upcoming Road Closures
Click on the tabs below to view project information.
- FDOT I-95 Express Lanes 3B-1
- FDOT I-95 Express Lanes 3B-2
- PBC - Palmetto Park Rd El Rio Canal Bridge
- FDOT - Brant Drive Bridge Replacement
- Clint Moore Rd Sidewalk Improvements
- Boca Museum of Art/NE 5th St
- Boca Ice 900 Peninsula
I-95 EXPRESS LANES - FDOT PROJECT from SW 10th Street to south of Glades Rd.
View FDOT Project Page for updated information.
I-95 Traffic Impacts
I-95 will have three lanes closed in each direction nightly, between SW 10th Street and Glades Road, as needed, Sunday through Thursday, with the first lane closing at 8:30 p.m., the second lane closing at 9:30 p.m., and the third lane closing at 10:30 p.m. until 7 a.m.
- I-95 between Hillsboro Boulevard and Glades Road will have one inside lane closed in each direction, daily, 5 a.m. until 8 p.m. for median drilled shaft construction.
- I-95 northbound from north of SW 10th Street to south of Glades Road will have a new traffic pattern beginning Thursday morning, June 4. Traffic will be shifted to the outside and placed into final configuration.
- I-95 northbound Express Lanes at Sample Road and SW 18th Street will be closed nightly, as needed, 9 p.m. until 5:30 a.m., Sunday through Thursday.
- I-95 southbound Express Lanes at Palmetto Park Road will be closed nightly, as needed, 9 p.m. until 5:30 a.m., Sunday through Thursday.
- I-95 southbound express lanes at Palmetto Park Road and Sample Road, will be closed nightly, 9 p.m. until 5:30 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 20 and Thursday, Oct. 21 for paving, tubular marker installation and pavement marking activities.
- I-95 southbound express lanes at Palmetto Park Road and Sample Road will be closed continuously beginning at 9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 22 until 5:30 a.m. Monday, Oct. 25 for paving, tubular marker installation and pavement marking activities.
Palmetto Park Road Traffic Impact
As part of the I-95 Express Phase 3B-1:
- Palmetto Park Road at I-95 will have two lanes closed in each direction nightly, as needed, Sunday through Thursday. The first lane will close at 9 p.m., and the second lane will close at 10:30 p.m. All lanes will be opened by 5:30 a.m.
- Palmetto Park Road at I-95 will have one lane closed in each direction daily, as needed, 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Camino Real Traffic Impacts
- Camino Real at I-95 underpass will have one lane closed in each direction daily, as needed, 9:30 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The I-95 northbound and southbound exit ramps to Palmetto Park Road will be closed nightly as needed, 11 p.m. until 5 a.m., Sunday through Thursday. Detours will be in place. FHP will be on site to assist motorists.
I-95 EXPRESS LANES - FDOT PROJECT from south of Glades Rd. to south of Linton Blvd.
I-95 Traffic Impact
Additional information including updated traffic restrictions, progress photos and detour flyers is available on the project page: https://www.d4fdot.com/pbfdot/95_express_phase_3b2.asp.
- I-95 will have up to four lanes closed in each direction nightly as needed for paving, 9 p.m. until 8 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. The first lane will close at 9 p.m., the second lane will close at 9:30 p.m., and the third and fourth lane will close at 10 p.m.
- Clint Moore Road, from the El Rio Trail to NW 2nd Avenue, will have the eastbound outside lane closed daily, as needed, 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Glades Road Impact
Partial Weekend Ramp Closure Advanced Notice: The I-95 southbound exit ramp to Glades Road will undergo a full closure for new ramp construction tie-in, beginning 11 p.m., Saturday night, Oct. 23 through 5 a.m., Monday morning Oct. 25. Motorists will be detoured via I-95 southbound and Palmetto Park Road. FHP will be on site to assist motorists.
Clint Moore Road Impact
The Clint Moore Road bridge over I-95 will be closed completely for reconstruction beginning 5 a.m., Monday morning, March 8, 2021. Crews are permitted to work 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Saturday. No work is permitted on Sundays or holidays.
Emergency access for first responders will be maintained throughout the duration of the closure. Westbound traffic will be detoured via NW 2nd Avenue, Yamato Road and Congress Avenue. Eastbound traffic will be detoured via Park of Commerce Boulevard, Congress Avenue, Yamato Road and NW 2nd Avenue. Local neighborhood access will be maintained; only the approaches and bridge over I-95 will be closed. The reconstruction of this bridge is anticipated to be completed in summer 2022.
Phase 3B-2 Glades Rd to Linton Blvd Ramp Impacts
- The I-95 northbound and southbound entrance and exit ramps at Glades Road and Yamato Road will be closed nightly as needed for paving, 11 p.m. until 5 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, beginning Dec. 19. Detours will be in place.
- Please note that ramp closures will be closed as needed per paving production; consecutive ramps will not be closed at the same time.
Palmetto Park Road El Rio Canal Bridge
The Palmetto Park Road El Rio Canal Bridge Project, overseen by Palm Beach County Roads and Bridge, will result in a widening of the existing Palmetto Park Road El Rio Canal Bridge. Two lanes of the bridge will remain open during the construction period, which is estimated to last approximately 15 months.
Palm Beach County Roads and Bridge is extending the eight foot (8’) shared use pathway from the end of the FDOT project (where the pathway currently terminates on the north side of Palmetto Park Road), throughout the bridge upgrade, to the western limit of Palmetto Dunes Park.
The northern part of the bridge will be demolished first and the existing eastbound lanes will be reduced to one-lane in each direction. The southern part of the bridge will be demolished later with the traveling lanes moving to the westbound lanes. At all times one lane in each direction will be open to traffic. Access to adjacent property will be allowed throughout the project. The school flashing beacon will operate during construction as well.
Expected Start Date: August 2, 2021
Expected Completion Date: Project schedule estimated to take 15 months. September / October 2022.
Brant Drive Bridge Replacement Project
From Oregon Lane to Avocet Rd
- Start Date: August 2, 2021
- Completion Date: Late 2022
Brant Drive will be closed from Oregon Lane to Avocet Road beginning Monday, August 2, 2021, and will remain closed during the construction of the bridge over the C-15 Canal. Please follow the provided detour outlined in the Project Flyer.
Work consists of replacing the two-lane Brant Drive Bridge (Bridge No. 935501) over the C-15 Canal with a new bridge consisting of two travel lanes and 10-foot shared-use paths in each direction. Improvements also include constructing 10-foot shared-use paths in each direction north of the bridge, reconstructing sidewalks south of the bridge, adding decorative lighting and drainage, upgrading signage and pavement markings, reconstructing roadway approaches and milling and resurfacing.
Visit the Florida Department of Transportation's Project Page for more information.
Clint Moore Road Sidewalk Improvements
Work includes the construction of an 8-foot-wide paved asphalt sidewalk and additional safety enhancements – including pedestrian detectors, signals and an aluminum picket fence on the south side of Clint Moore Road, from the El Rio Trail to NW 2nd Avenue. Project limits do not include the bridge over I-95 which will be replaced under the 95 Express Phase 3B-2 contract. For more information, please contact I-95 Community Outreach Specialist Andrea Pacini at (561) 214-3358 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page Contracting will be working on Boca Museum of Art/Amphitheater (NE 5 Street). The scope of work are demolition and concrete sidewalks . The contractor will perform this job on 9/7/2021 and the estimated end date 10/22/2021.
Please see attached files proposed work location and MOT approved plans.
- Proposed Start Date 9/7/2021 and Estimated End Date 10/22/2021
- Scope of Work: Demolition and Concrete Sidewalks
- Daytime operation 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Pedestrian detours will be coordinated with by the MOT employees on site.
- All workers must use gloves, masks etc., and maintain 6 feet separation and wipe down all material and equipment. Do not leave any equipment or material on private property.
- Control Devices may need to be adjusted to fit field conditions.
- The schedule of work can be affected by weather.
Boca Ice 900 Peninsula
Go Tilt Construction will be working on Peninsula Corp Drive to offloading steel for construction. The contractor will work this project on 10/12/21 and the estimated end date 10/15/2021.
- Proposed Start Date 10/12/21 and Estimated End Date 10/15/2021.
- Scope of Work: Offloading Steel In Work Area
MOT Permit schedule:
- Eastbound Peninsula Corp Drive– Lane closure
- MOT hours will be from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Pedestrian detours will be coordinated with by the MOT employees on site
- Control Devices may need to be adjusted to fit field conditions
- The schedule work can be affected by weather