Current and Upcoming Road Closures
||Full or Partial
|9am - 4pm
|NE 5th Ave from Boca Raton Rd
to State Road 5 / US 1
|Partial||See NE 5th Ave Sidewalk Improvements below.
View the Project Webpage.
View the Project Flyer.
|Full Closure||Clint Moore Rd bridge||Full||See Clint Moore Rd Impact below|
|5/10 - 5/13
||10pm - 5:30am
||I-95 southbound lanes at Congress Ave
||Full||See 3B-2 Glades Rd below
|5/10 - 5/21
||9am - 4pm
||460 - 490 Palmetto Park Rd
||Partial & Sidewalk
||Sidewalk closure (5/10 - 5/14) and 1 lane closure of Palmetto Park Road for landscape demolition on the north side of the 490 PPR building and new meter taps on the north side of the 460 PPR building.|
|5/10 - 5/21
||9am - 4pm
||Potomac Rd from Military Trl to Jog Rd.
||Partial||Milling and paving will take place on Potomac Rd from Military Trail to Jog Rd.
|5/14-15||11am on 5/14 - 9am on 5/14
||I-95 southbound from north of Glades Rd to south of Palmetto Park Rd
||Partial||See I-95 Express Lanes below
|5/15-16||10pm on 5/15 - 9am on 5/16
||I-95 southbound from north of Glades Rd to south of Palmetto Park Rd||Partial||See I-95 Express Lanes below|
|5/16||10pm - 5:30am||I-95 northbound lanes at Yamato Rd||Full||See I-95 Express Lanes below|
|5/17-18||10pm - 5:30am||I-95 southbound lanes at Congress Ave||Full||See I-95 Express Lanes below|
|5/21-22||11pm on 5/21 - 9am on 5/22
||I-95 southbound from south of Palmetto Park Rd to Hillsboro Blvd
||Partial||See I-95 Express Lanes below|
|5/22-23||10pm on 5/22 - 9am on 5/23
||I-95 southbound from south of Palmetto Park Rd to Hillsboro Blvd||Partial||See I-95 Express Lanes below|
|5/24 - 5/27||9am - 4pm||200 Mizner Blvd||Partial||See Road Work below|
|5/5 - 5/27||9am - 4pm||SW 3rd Ave & SW 7th St||Partial||See Road Work - FPL below|
|5/10 - 6/11
||7am - 6pm
|SW 18th St between Las Casas Rd and Juana Rd Roundabout
I-95 EXPRESS LANES - FDOT PROJECT from SW 10th Street to south of Glades Rd.
View FDOT Project Page for updated information.
I-95 Traffic Impacts
I-95 will have three lanes closed in each direction nightly, between SW 10th Street and Glades Road, as needed, Sunday through Thursday, with the first lane closing at 8:30 p.m., the second lane closing at 9:30 p.m., and the third lane closing at 10:30 p.m. until 7 a.m.
- I-95 between Hillsboro Boulevard and Glades Road will have one inside lane closed in each direction, daily, 5 a.m. until 8 p.m. for median drilled shaft construction.
- I-95 northbound from north of SW 10th Street to south of Glades Road will have a new traffic pattern beginning Thursday morning, June 4. Traffic will be shifted to the outside and placed into final configuration.
- Advanced Notice: I-95 southbound, from north of Glades Road to south of Palmetto Park Road, will have three inside lanes closed overnight, 11 p.m., Friday night, May 14 until 9 a.m., Saturday morning, May 15, for paving and pavement marking activities.
- Advanced Notice: I-95 southbound, from north of Glades Road to south of Palmetto Park Road, will have two inside lanes closed overnight, 10 p.m., Saturday night, May 15 until 9 a.m., Sunday morning, May 16 for tubular marker installation and pavement marking activities.
- Advanced Notice: I-95 southbound, from south of Palmetto Park Road to Hillsboro Blvd, will have three inside lanes closed overnight, 11 p.m., Friday night, May 21 until 9 a.m., Saturday morning, May 22, for paving and pavement marking activities.
- Advanced Notice: I-95 southbound, from south of Palmetto Park Road to Hillsboro Blvd, will have two inside lanes closed overnight, 10 p.m., Saturday night, May 22 until 9 a.m., Sunday morning, May 23 for tubular marker installation and pavement marking activities.
Palmetto Park Road Traffic Impact
As part of the I-95 Express Phase 3B-1:
- Palmetto Park Road at I-95 will have two lanes closed in each direction nightly, as needed, Sunday through Thursday. The first lane will close at 9 p.m., and the second lane will close at 10:30 p.m. All lanes will be opened by 5:30 a.m.
- Palmetto Park Road at I-95 will have one lane closed in each direction daily, as needed, 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Camino Real Traffic Impacts
- Camino Real at I-95 underpass will have one lane closed in each direction daily, as needed, 9:30 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The I-95 northbound and southbound exit ramps to Palmetto Park Road will be closed nightly as needed, 11 p.m. until 5 a.m., Sunday through Thursday. Detours will be in place. FHP will be on site to assist motorists.
I-95 EXPRESS LANES - FDOT PROJECT from south of Glades Rd. to south of Linton Blvd.
I-95 Traffic Impact
Additional information including updated traffic restrictions, progress photos and detour flyers is available on the project page: https://www.d4fdot.com/pbfdot/95_express_phase_3b2.asp.
- I-95 will have up to four lanes closed in each direction nightly as needed for paving, 9 p.m. until 8 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. The first lane will close at 9 p.m., the second lane will close at 9:30 p.m., and the third and fourth lane will close at 10 p.m.
- Clint Moore Road, from the El Rio Trail to NW 2nd Avenue, will have the eastbound outside lane closed daily, as needed, 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- I-95 Northbound Full Closure Notice: I-95 northbound lanes at Yamato Road will be close closed to traffic overnight, Sunday, May 16 so that crews can safely demolish the Clint Moore Road bridge over I-95 northbound lanes. The first lane will close at 9 p.m., the second lane will close at 9:30 p.m., and all lanes will be closed by 10 p.m., reopening by 5:30 a.m. each morning. Traffic will be detoured via the I-95 northbound exit ramp to Yamato Road, Congress Avenue, Peninsula Corp. Drive and the I-95/Congress Avenue interchange. The I-95 northbound entrance ramps from Yamato Road and Spanish River Boulevard will also be closed to traffic during this time. FHP will be on site to assist motorists.
- I-95 Southbound Full Closure Notice: I-95 southbound lanes at Congress Avenue will be closed to traffic overnight, Monday, May 17 and Tuesday, May 18 so that crews can safely demolish the Clint Moore Road bridge over I-95 southbound lanes. The first lane will close at 9 p.m., the second lane will close at 9:30 p.m., and all lanes will be closed by 10 p.m., reopening by 5:30 a.m. each morning. Traffic will be detoured via the I-95 southbound exit ramp to Congress Avenue, Peninsula Corp. Drive, Congress Avenue and Yamato Road. The I-95 southbound entrance ramp from Peninsula Corp. Drive will also be closed during this activity. The week of May 16 will be used as contingency if needed. FHP will be on site to assist motorists.
Clint Moore Road Impact
The Clint Moore Road bridge over I-95 will be closed completely for reconstruction beginning 5 a.m., Monday morning, March 8, 2021. Crews are permitted to work 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Saturday. No work is permitted on Sundays or holidays.
Emergency access for first responders will be maintained throughout the duration of the closure. Westbound traffic will be detoured via NW 2nd Avenue, Yamato Road and Congress Avenue. Eastbound traffic will be detoured via Park of Commerce Boulevard, Congress Avenue, Yamato Road and NW 2nd Avenue. Local neighborhood access will be maintained; only the approaches and bridge over I-95 will be closed. The reconstruction of this bridge is anticipated to be completed in summer 2022.
Phase 3B-2 Glades Rd to Linton Blvd Ramp Impacts
- The I-95 northbound and southbound entrance and exit ramps at Glades Road and Yamato Road will be closed nightly as needed for paving, 11 p.m. until 5 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, beginning Dec. 19. Detours will be in place.
- Please note that ramp closures will be closed as needed per paving production; consecutive ramps will not be closed at the same time.
Utility Services - SW 18th St
As part of the City’s Innovative Sustainable Infrastructure Program (iSIP), contractors (David Mancini and Sons, Inc. and Centerline Drilling Service, Inc.) working for the Utility Services Department in order to upgrade the City’s water system with construction of an additional water main to I-95. The project is estimated to take three (3) months. The schedule of work can be affected by weather and/or any other unforeseen circumstance.
Update for May 7, 2021
- The work will continue the week of May 10, 2021 with water main installation on SW 18th St. between Juana Road and I-95.
- The work may require detours of certain SW 18th St. intersections. Please drive with caution in the area.
- Residents affected by this effort will be contacted directly by David Mancini and Sons, Inc.
FPL - SW 3rd Ave & SW 7th St
FPL will be replace existing concrete pole with proposed concrete pole on SW 3rd Avenue. FPL Contractor Edison Power will commence this project on Wednesday 05/05/21 through Thursday 05/27/21.
- MOT hours will be from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Pedestrian detours will be coordinated with by the MOT employees on site
- Control Devices may need to be adjusted to fit field conditions
- The schedule work can be affected by weather
200 Mizner Blvd
Moss Construction will be working on Mizner 200 (Alina) PWR # 45-18-07, in the Mizner Blvd ROW. The contractor will perform this job on Monday, May 24, 2021 to Thursday, May 27, 2021.
- Proposed Start Date 5/24/2021 and Estimated End Date 05/27/2021
- Scope of Work: includes mill and resurface of Mizner Blvd.
- Moss requests to shut down the lanes as required from 9:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Thursday as needed.
- Moss will limit lane closures to as minimal as needed to safely complete work.
- Flagmen will be present during working hours
- Pedestrian detours will be coordinated by the MOT employees on site.
- Control Devices may need to be adjusted to fit field conditions.
- The schedule of work can be affected by weather.
NE 5th Avenue Sidewalk Impovements
This 1.1-mile sidewalk improvements project will begin Monday, January 11, 2021, in the City of Boca Raton. As the Project Sponsor, the City of Boca Raton requested through application to the Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency, and City Resolution 146-2017, that FDOT District Four design and construct this sidewalk improvement project as part of the Pedestrian Network contained in the City’s Comprehensive Plan. Work includes concrete sidewalk installation on the west side of NE 5th Avenue, driveway and curb & gutter replacement to align with new sidewalk installation, minor signage and pavement marking upgrades, and minor landscaping relocation and irrigation repairs.
- Beginning Monday, Jan. 11, the southbound lane may be closed, intermittently, 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, for construction activities such as concrete pouring for new sidewalk. During this time, a flagging operation will be used to direct traffic northbound and southbound. Sidewalks will also be closed one block at a time for concrete removal and replacement, with pedestrian access maintained at all times. Please see project flyer.
Clint Moore Road Sidewalk Improvements
Work includes construction of an 8-foot-wide paved asphalt sidewalk and additional safety enhancements – including pedestrian detectors, signals and an aluminum picket fence on the south side of Clint Moore Road, from the El Rio Trail to NW 2nd Avenue. Project limits do not include the bridge over I-95 which will be replaced under the 95 Express Phase 3B-2 contract. For more information, please contact I-95 Community Outreach Specialist Andrea Pacini at (561) 214-3358 or email@example.com.