Strategic Planning 2022 - 2023
The workshops are being streamed online or can be watched LIVE at home:
- Comcast Ch 20
- AT&T Uverse Ch 99
- Hotwire Ch 39
The meetings are also being recorded and will be available later for viewing.
Members of the Boca Raton City Council and the City's Executive Leadership team will meet in-person at this year's Strategic Planning Workshop on Tuesday, May 31 and Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 6500 North Congress Avenue from 9am - 4pm to develop strategic goals for the 2022-2023 fiscal year. Through facilitated discussions, elected officials and staff will rank current challenges and opportunities and then determine policy actions for the upcoming fiscal year.
Feedback and input from the public is welcome during the public comment period during each morning session (approximately 9:15am). Public comments are for speakers only (no presentations), and speakers will have a three-minute time limit.
View the Strategic Planning Workshop Agenda for the full schedule.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 561-393-7740 or [email protected].
Strategic Planning 2021 - 2022
Update - January 10, 2022
City senior staff presented an update to the 2021-2022 Strategic Plan to City Council at the January 10, 2022 workshop.
Staff provided an update on the four strategic goals as well as the projects and initiatives associated with those goals that were established City Council at the strategic planning workshop last year. Strategic goals include:
- Financially Sound City
- World Class Municipal Services
- Strong Partnership with the Community
- Vibrant and Sustainable City
View the presentation here (starts at 26:50).
Strategic Planning Retreat 2021
On May 12 and 13, and June 1, 2021, the City hosted a strategic planning workshop that was facilitated by Doug Thomas of Strategic Government Resources. Held in an online format this year, the visioning workshop was open to the public and included:
- A review of the City’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. (SWOT Analysis)
- Confirmation of the City’s vision, mission, and strategic goals which will serve as the foundation of the City’s Strategic Plan
- Boca Raton’s Vision: “Boca Raton- a beautiful, prosperous, safe, and vibrant coastal community”
- Boca Raton’s Mission: “Responsibly providing outstanding services to enhance our unique quality of life.”
- Strategic Goals
- Goal #1 Financially Sound City
- Goal #2 World Class Municipal Services
- Goal #3 Strong Partnership with the Community
- Goal #4 Vibrant and Sustainable City
Updates on the four strategic goals from 2020-2021 were provided by senior staff. Accomplishments, highlights and emerging projects and initiatives were discussed. The City Council then reviewed and ranked their priorities to give staff clear direction. While all priories that were reviewed will be advanced by the administration, the City Council’s top 5 priorities will have dedicated attention and resources.
- Financially Sound City - Seize emerging economic development opportunities
- Strong Partnership with the Community - Partnership and Land Lease Agreement with BRADEC
- Vibrant and Sustainable Community - Palmetto Park Road East of the Intracoastal Waterway
- Vibrant and Sustainable City - Comprehensive Traffic and Connectivity Planning
Strategic Planning Sessions
- 2021 - 2022: Watch the videos for the 2021 - 2022 Strategic Planning Workshops:
- 2020 - 2021: There was no Strategic Planning session for 2020-2021 due to COVID-19.
- 2019 - 2020: Watch the video of the 2019 - 2020 Strategic Planning Workshop.
- View the links below for an update on the progress made on the goals from the 2019-2020 Strategic Plan: