In an effort to ensure that the City's website is accessible to everyone, including those who use assistive devices, all documents and forms are being reviewed and updated to meet accessibility standards. More information is available on the Website Renovation page. If you are unable to locate the documents you need, please either fill out a Public Records Request form or call the Zoning Office.
Goals & Responsibilities
The main goal and responsibility of the Zoning Department is to serve the public good. We also strive to ensure the appropriate use and techniques of land development through enforcement of the City’s Code of Ordinances by facilitating the timely review of development applications for approval by the Zoning Staff. Review of permits is performed to ensure final implementation. Zoning staff is charged with monitoring all development for compliance with the City’s Code of Ordinances.
Letters and Reports
To request a Zoning Confirmation Letter/Planning and Zoning Property Status Report please provide the following information:
- The property address.
- The use in question (if any).
- To whom to address the letter: name and address.
- Please provide your contact information.
- The cost of a Zoning Letter is $150 which confirms the property is in compliance with the current zoning district and/or confirm zoning regulations and permitted uses. Code violations search is performed as well.
- If you require a Planning and Zoning Property Status Report which will consist of a Planning and Zoning development history of the property, the cost is $250. Contact Development Services for a sample. Opens a New Window.
*Requests with payment can be mailed to the Zoning office or submitted in person. Please make checks payable to the City of Boca Raton.
Community Appearance Board
Please contact zoning to schedule your permit(s) to be reviewed by the Community Appearance Board. The deadline for submittal of item(s) to be on the CAB agenda is a week prior to the upcoming meeting.
- APPLICANTS BE ADVISED: Applicants are no longer required to bring 5 sets of proposed plans to the meeting. Staff will be providing all plans for the Board to review. Please note, that only plans previously submitted to the building department and reviewed by staff will be presented.
- While staff will be providing all necessary plan sheets, please bring the following to the meeting:
- Narrative of the scope of work
- Any paint and/or material samples (if applicable)
- Photos of existing building (if applicable)
- Photos of all exterior signage (if applicable)
Preliminary Review, IDA/PMD/SCV/SPA Recommendations, and Sign Criteria/Program Proposals: Please submit application and payment to the Zoning Office via mail or in person. Checks are to be made payable to the City of Boca Raton. For new buildings and larger projects, please submit plans on one (1) CD or flash drive with all documents/plans in PDF format for distribution to the CAB at least one week before your scheduled meeting.
Sign Criteria Proposal Form Opens a New Window. (PDF) - Contact Development Services for this form.
Meeting Results Instructions
- Should your CAB approval have conditions and notated comments, the applicant will need to submit a correction (revised plan sheets) to permit One-Stop Center reflecting said conditions. These corrections may be submitted at the same time other plan review comments are being addressed.
- Should CAB vote to postpone your item, the applicant is required to make the necessary plan corrections and submit to the Building Department either electronically through E-plans or at the Permit One-Stop Center. Corrections must be submitted and reviewed by Zoning staff before being rescheduled for CAB. Failure to attend the meeting without notifying staff will result in a $100 re-application fee when scheduling another meeting.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8 A.M. - 4 P.M.
8 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Request Zoning Information