Goals & Responsibilities
Serve the public good. To ensure the appropriate use and techniques of land development through enforcement of the City’s Code of Ordinances, and by facilitating the timely review of development applications for approval by the Zoning Staff. Review of permits is performed to ensure final implementation. Zoning staff is charged with monitoring all development for compliance with the City’s Code of Ordinances.
View the Zoning Code Online
View zoning districts by address via Boca Raton Parcel Viewer
Future Land use Maps
Letters and Reports
To request a Zoning Confirmation Letter/Planning and Zoning Property Status Report please provide the following information:
- The property address.
- The use in question (if any).
- To whom to address the letter: name and address.
- Please provide your contact information.
- The cost of a Zoning Letter is $125 which confirms the property is in compliance with the current zoning district and/or confirm zoning regulations and permitted uses. Code violations search is performed as well.
- If you require a Planning and Zoning Property Status Report which will consist of a Planning and Zoning development history of the property, the cost is $250. Sample
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8 A.M. - 4 P.M.
8 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Request Zoning Information
Community Appearance Board
Meeting LocationCommunity Center Annex
260 Crawford Boulevard
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Weekly on Tuesday
Please contact zoning to schedule your permit(s) to be reviewed by the Community Appearance Board.The deadline for submittal of item(s) to be on the CAB agenda is every Wednesday at 12:00pm prior to the upcoming meeting.
- The applicant shall bring & present 5 hard copies of final permit plans and required documentation to the scheduled CAB Tuesday meeting.
- Should your CAB approval have conditions and notated comments, applicant will need to submit a correction (revised plan sheets) to permit One-Stop Center reflecting said conditions. These corrections may be submitted at the same time other plan review comments are being addressed.
- Should CAB vote to postpone your item, applicant will be required to make the necessary corrections accordingly and contact staff via email by Thursday to confirm readiness for the next CAB meeting. (For Postponed items the applicant does not submit corrected plans to the City until after CAB re-reviews and approves the corrected plan.)
Note to Applicant:
Please have detailed to scale drawings showing proposed improvements and photographs showing existing conditions for Existing Buildings and signs (when applicable) of your particular project. These are required in order for the CAB to judge compatibility.
Application for Preliminary review, IDA/PMD/SCV recommendations, and Sign Criteria/Program proposals