The goal of the Planning and Zoning Division is to provide for the orderly development of the City of Boca Raton. Specific activities of the division include but are not limited to the following:
- Review development plans and prepare recommendations for presentation to the Planning and Zoning Board, Community Redevelopment Agency, Environmental Advisory Board and City Council.
- Review amendments to the adopted Comprehensive Plan and prepare recommendations.
- Implementation of the amended Comprehensive Plan.
- Review permits and Business Tax Receipts for compliance with the City’s zoning regulations.
- Review permits for compliance with the City’s environmental regulations.
- Prepare maps and graphics for presentation to other Departments, advisory boards and the City Council.
- Manage the city’s land records and associated databases.
- Assist in the acquisition and disposal of real property, easements, rights-of-way and rights-of-entry.
- Provide information on land records and related matters to the public